Friday 1 September 2023

Grammar Snacks - Comparatives and Superlatives

 Oliver: So, where do you get the best pizza in London?
Alfie: No doubt about it, it has to be Pietro’s.
Daisy: No way! The pizzas in La Bella Napoli, just around the corner, are so much tastier ... and they’ve got more variety ... and the friendliest waiters!
Oliver: Yeah, I think she’s right, Alfie; much better quality. It’s not the cheapest though, but they’re so good!
Alfie: All right then, yeah, La Bella Napoli is nearer than Pietro’s. The cheese isn’t as good though, and for me it’s all in the cheese!
Daisy: You could have pasta?
Alfie: Pasta in La Bella Napoli? They do the most disgusting pasta I’ve ever tasted.
Daisy: All right!

Daisy: Hi, Mum. How’s Rome?
Sophie: Hello, love, yes, all’s well, thanks. What are you doing?
Daisy: I’m with Oliver and Alfie. We’re going to have a pizza. I’ll put you on speaker phone.
Sophie: That’s a coincidence! I’ve just eaten the most amazing pizza ever. It was the best I’ve ever had.  
Daisy: Sounds good!
Oliver: Was the base good, Mum?
Sophie: Oh yes, the crispiest base ever, really delicious.
Alfie: I wish you could send it over here, Mrs G!
Sophie: I’ll save you a slice, Alfie! So, where are you all going to eat?
Oliver: La Bella Napoli.
Sophie: Oh yes, they’re not bad. They use the worst cheese though. For me, it’s all in the cheese!
Alfie: That’s just what I said, Mrs G!
Oliver: Yeah, maybe the pizza at La Bella Napoli isn’t as good as I remember.
Daisy: Thanks a lot, Mum ... I like the pizza there. Obviously not as good as the pizza you get to eat in Rome, but it’s absolutely fine! Shall we speak tomorrow, Mum?
Sophie: OK, love, enjoy your pizza.

Daisy: Oh, I really fancied a pizza ... until Mum called.
Oliver: Yeah, me too, but thinking about the pizza in Rome ...
Alfie: It sounded so delicious!
Oliver: How about fish and chips?
Daisy: Good idea, you can’t go wrong with fish and chips.
Alfie: Yeah, you know what they say ... When in Rome ...
Oliver: When in Rome? What do you mean?
Alfie: You know that saying ... When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
Oliver: Ah ...
Daisy: Fish and chips it is then - but should we go to Hubbard’s or The Dolphin?

No comments:

Post a Comment